Pages

Saturday, January 2, 2010

I AM SO SORRY

I have promised some people out there I will update my boring posts on my holiday (sad but true, argh) BUT- sorry, you'll just have to wait a while longer, please? *looks at you with pleading eyes* Okay, not gonna get mushy here. By the way I have lost my dictionary. Double whammy! ARGH (again).

I will DIE without my dictionary. Seriously. Currently I have a whole list of words waiting to be unravelled because searching it on wikitionary (is that it?) lags my Apple Mac. And I don't trust something on the World Wide Web. That's my rule #1. Anyway, if someone could consent to help me (I shall swallow my pride and ask you, so PLEASE!) Thank you! Smiles~

quagmire
ardor (oh never mind, thanks Aaron)
capricious
apace (thank you!)
alarum
impregnable/impregnated
infirmities
taciturn/tactiturn (One is USA and the other is Brit English)
incumbent
reprieve
askance (never mind)
negate
acane fetters (is it together or what?)
visceral
niceties (okay, I know now)
sanguine (scarlet, i think)
prolific (okay, nvm)
brusque (is it quick and brief?)

THAT'S ALL FOLKS :D THANK YOU
(if you're wondering what brought on such and onslaught of words, I was re-reading the Inheritance Trilogy for the upteenth time and realised I should really make an effort to understand them instead of skimming over it and understanding it as a vague sentence. I mean, you'll get the idea but I want to learn too :) Thanks guys :D )

P.s. Guess what! I finished reading In the mix and Outsiders. (He-llo? Our Lang Arts textbooks. Not too bad I guess, and there is plenty of great and hard-sounding vocabulary to learn.
In the mix is great, with different types of literature for all to appreciate. But Outsiders is boring for those who don't really reading stuff in code language like poetry. Don't get me wrong, it IS nice, but when it goes about the same thing over and over again, confusing everyone, then what's the point if the reader has no idea what you're talking about? The piped piper one is nice though. But the one about the horseman and the innkeepers daughter is a bit... hmmm. It succeeded in giving me the creeps. Now I hear hoofbeats outside the window. Or maybe it's my rambunctious brother banging on the wall. Hopefully.

Oh, and there's too much violence in Outsiders. Joseph would like that I guess. And the Manga in In the mix would appeal to his disturbing nature. World War II, when Hiroshima was bombed. Was it Fat Man or Little Boy? My social studies isn't all that great, I guess. (Blame my ex-classmate for biting my social studies teacher) It really is shocking... Skin melting on the spot, clothes and glass shards sticking to your skin... Why does the macabre delight so many? I would really like to know. Ah, Reader's Digest has a new vocab list on the Macabre. Check it out! :D

P.s.s. Have I been boring you? Sorry... But I love Lang Arts
So why not take E. Lit? Many people scream at me. Well... I don't know. I just didn't want to go to where all the English geniuses are, or I'd get severely demoralised when I see their rich vocabulary and perfect enunciation and intonation. Call me a coward, then. I'll spend the whole day reading the dictionary to find better words to get back at you. XD Joking! What possessed you to think such an innocent girl like me would do that? Haha.
Oh yes, one more thing. You should seriously try reading the dictionary for leisure. It's very entertaining and can keep you occupied for hours!
Relax. You can stop scrolling down now. This very very very very lonnnnnnnnng post.... Is finally..... Over. *grins*
Am I torturing you, dear reader? Please do come again!

No comments:

Post a Comment