Pages

Monday, January 18, 2010

Yay... School (tests, tests, tests... T-T)

Miss 2F!
I have just realised what the teachers meant when they said Years 1 and 2 were 'Honeymoon' years. And to think I complained about the workload in Year 2! On hindsight, that was nothing compared to the truckloads of worksheets I have to complete sitting in my file.

And so many colour-coded files! White plastic for Math(whatever you say, it's NOT maths)! Black ringed for LA! 2 pale-pinkish ones for Chemistry (for what exactly I've forgotten). Pale blue plastic one (oops, TWO plastic files) for Chinese, one for composition i guess and the other for everything else. And I have no idea what the purple and green ring files are for. I suppose one is for Geography and the other for Physics, since those are the only subjects without files. Why does Geog need such a big one -.-lll

Physics is mentally, physically and emotionally draining. Just take a look at our class... If you're not groaning at the super-long string of numbers that make absolutely no sense at all except to the boring teacher, you're probably lolling on the table in effort to stay awake (unsuccessfully) or you're asleep already. Maybe, just maybe, if you're one of those hardworking types you could be sitting upright (not without effort, of course) and feverishly copying down now so the teacher won't call on you later. And I bet Jun Jie is inwardly cursing now for ending up sitting with me again. And righhhht at the front! Some people have all the luck (or not, as in our case). Better not to sit in the front row at all.

I have came to a conclusion: For the good of their children's mental well-being, parents should make their child's name as typical and un-interesting as possible. If your name is one of those atypical types, good for you. You have creative parents. But if you wish to keep a low profile in school, I'd advise you to have those chinese names. Teachers just skim over those. Of course, if your name is in the middle, you have a higher chance of being the 'lucky' one to answer the question. I don't know why, but they just love people in the middle. Okay, so remember to name your child accordingly next time. It would save them a lot of stress if you give them a boring name like Tom, Dick or Harry.... Waaaait. Actually, you'd better not. Those names are so uncommon now. Name your child Edward- it's the most popular name now, apparently.
P.s. If your name is Jonathan, you don't stand a chance. You are most likely to be called up. It's true- studies has shown that people named Jonathan are more likely to be called up than any other name, even though it is one of the most common names in the world (my contact list can prove it, I know SIX Jonathans, and three of them have the surname Ong). Weird, eh? So whatever you do, don't name your child Jonathan.

P.s.s. I thought the reunion on Friday was an epic failure, even though I was happy to see everyone again. No offense, but I think everyone thought so too.

No comments:

Post a Comment