Pages

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Funny Things my Younger Brother Says

*Some statements have been rephrased for clarity, he largely speaks Singlish and a mix of Chinese.

To my mum and me:
"You know, there's this teacher in my class that keeps saying 'must check your work'."
//pause//
"I think he should be really good at checkers."
Me: "What has that got to do with checkers?!"

"My eyes are more powerful, because my power (degree) is higher."
(600 degrees, he has bad myopia even though he's only 9)

Him: "There's this guy in my class with blue eyes! Do you think everything looks more blue to him? Like maybe the sky will look more blue?"
Me: "Then is everything black to you, even in the day?"
Him: "Oh ya hor."

In a way, you can feel his childish innocence in the things he says, and I really want him to keep that forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment