Pages

Monday, February 3, 2014

Logos Hope- The Largest Floating Book Fair

I visited the largest floating book fair in the world yesterday!
Logos Hope was this enormous ship, and (I quote from the website at this point)
It is a non-profit venture that is crewed and staffed by 400 volunteers from over 45 countries!!It first launched in 1970, and it has since welcomed 40 million visitors.
I swore to learn Japanese ten years ago, and I've not started (whoops). Did I mention I'm a huge procrastinator? So why am I saying this?
Well I made my first step in learning Japanese by picking up a small pocket Japanese - English dictionary (really small, the size of my palm. No kidding) and a Japanese language easy guidebook.
I'm going to make my ex-classmate give me lessons too, cos he teaches at the MOE Language centre and his Japanese is zai (awesome)
I also picked up a modern calligraphy beginner guide, but I can't really do much with it without the proper pen, ink and guidesheets. So I'm taking up a modern calligraphy course this month, on the 22nd. I've been searching for classes FOREVER, and finally there was one set up by Katrina Alana. I subscribed to their newsletter after seeing they held one previously, and I really can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment