Pages

Thursday, January 9, 2014

The Life of a Newly-Converted Otaku

The A levels are over, and I have been mostly doing nothing at home- just watching anime, reading manga, and derping around on Tumblr reblogging Free! posts.. basically becoming a full-blown otaku. I feel this immense desire to throw everything away and move to Japan, that's how bad my otaku fever is now.

I feel that it's extremely unhealthy. I spend a huge proportion of my nights juggling several phone apps and doing photo edits, waiting for the latest Free! updates (like the recent Fr Fr episodes that fans have been waiting for forever, and interacting with my followers on my anime Instagram account.

And, and, and... do you know how time-consuming and tiring it is to manage my account? I never knew anime accounts had it so hard.

First, we gotta do unique and eye-catching edits to appeal to people and of course it's a mad race to get more followers, shoutouts are precious, and people will steal and repost your photos without credit.

Then of course we need to credit the original artist (which usually comes from Pixiv accounts/ Tumblr) because people always steal their wonderful artworks and they don't get the exposure and fans they deserve. And the whole Pixiv website is not helping it because they don't get nice usernames, instead their IDs are in long strings of numbers making it extremely difficult for anyone on Instagram to track back and find them. But that's beside the point for now. Anyway, it would be nice if we could post a long link and be able to head to Pixiv directly on mobile devices.

OR MAYBE INSTAGRAM SHOULD JUST STOP BEING STUBBORN AND LET US POST USING THE COMPUTER.

Oh and then after we do edits, and someone steals them, and we complain, some ignoramuses will say
But you guys didn't create the picture in the first place! Why are you complaining when someone steals it and why should you be allowed to put a watermark over it?
Well, smart alecks, we put in lots of time to edit it (though less than the original artist) and we should still be given credit for making a nice edited picture with awesome typography and faded effects and all the awesome sparkly pastel pretty things in it.

//rant over//

Here's the newest Fr Fr eps to neutralise all the hate I spilled.



But other than my sudden spate of otakuness, I have other things to rant about.

So anyway Xy has been overseas for nearly a month plus uninterrupted- he got back for a few days after his Shanghai trip and then set off to Taiwan promptly after. I mean, it's great that he gets to travel and see his relatives and have fun with his class but it's so damn frustrating because I'm just sitting at home feeling so useless and unproductive.

You know how the longer you spend on social media the more unhappy you feel?

Yes.

That's exactly it.

I'm hating random strangers for NO REASON AT ALL just because they don't ship the same characters as I do or post photos of rival ships.
Oh, and if you have no idea what 'ship' means in this context, do a quick google search.

So I am a huge fan of MakoHaru and MakoRin, and RinHaru pics piss me off
(ignore this whole part if you don't understand)
And I am always super irritated because RinHaru fans are always not playing nice (maybe it's my own bias), especially this girl on Tumblr (I shall not name names) that was totally abusing her power and it was a huge uproar then.
And RinHaru fans make up a sizable proportion of the Free! fandom so it's hard to... well... especially cos Rin gets so many moments with Haru.
I can't stand Haru much actually, he's so expressionless and ungrateful and Makoto is so nice and doesn't deserve to be treated that way >:(


This picture makes me unreasonably happy.

So does this.

But this, my friends, make me SO, SO, ANGRY.


Like, I'd hate on people just because they like this ship.

I have since calmed down because all the hate wasn't healthy and it scared me. A lot.
Like I didn't understand what I was becoming- someone whose personality I'd hate.

I was becoming one of those angry irrational fangirls.

Even worse than the Korean fangirls.

I was fangirling over ANIMATED CHARACTERS.

And they were dominating my life.

Still are.

It scares me :/


And then the fact that Xy is overseas means that there is nothing to distract me/ make me want to go out much (I do all my shopping online because it is so much cheaper, except for clothes). So now I'm usually flaring up at him and hating myself for it.




Food pics to end off the post

Of Free! characters of course

No comments:

Post a Comment