Pages

Saturday, August 7, 2010

PoemHunter!

I know I have been very negative in my last few posts, so I shall cheer up for this post :D

Oh, yesterday I wore my contacts from 6am all the way until 11pm and U COULDN'T GET IT OUT.... My eyes were too dry. Serves me right for being so vain. And I had to call the poor glasses shop uncle to help me get it out cos no one in the house could. My eyes were super red, I bet I could play a vampire XD Oh well you get the picture. And I need to wear it again for ballet tomorrow. Wish me good luck!

Btw, I read a really cute poem yesterday and it has been replaying again and again in my head! It goes something like this:

If all the world were paper,
And all the sea were ink,
If all the trees were bread and cheese,
What should we have to drink?

If all the world were sand O,
Oh then what should we lack O,
if as they say there were no clay
How should we take Tobacco?

If all our vessels ran-a,
If none but had a crack-a,
If Spanish apes ate all the grapes
How should we do for sack-a?

If all the world were men
And men lived all in trenches,
And there were none but we alone,
How should we do for wenches?

If friars had no bald pates
Nor nuns had no dark cloisters,
If all the seas were beans and peas
How should we do for oysters?

If there had been no projects
Nor none that did great wrongs,
If fiddlers shall turn players all
How should we do for songs?

If all things were eternal
And nothing their end bringing,
If this should be, then how should we
Here make an end of singing?


It's really beautiful... And it really makes you wonder how it would be if we lived on a weird world. Too bad it's anonymous cos I want to know who wrote such a great poem! After reading it I googled it and found it on PoemHunter. Been devouring poems for at least an hour already :D If I see another one I like I'll post it up here. They won't sue me for copyright issues right?

No comments:

Post a Comment