Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

'Tis Nought But Simple Prose

Howdy do, dear readers.
Oh, forgive me. I shouldt have been more chary of my language. I have been enamored by the beautiful prose of the Shakespearian era, no less. But why complain? Forgive this humble student, I was merely reminiscing my literary lessons two years back. 'Twas nought but a lesson back then, only now doust thou understand. So sit back and let the haunting words awash your soul and cleanse it anew... but I digress. Now, no more tardiness. Let us begin.

(My latest favourite, retrieved from Jodie Piccult's 'My Sister's Keeper')
Doubt thou that stars are fire;
Doubt thou that the sun doth move;
Doubt truth to be a liar;
But never doubt that I love.
-William Shakespeare,
Hamlet

One fire burns out another's burning,
One pain is lessen'd by another's anguish.
William Shakespeare,
Romeo and Juliet
(So true. To add quote upon quote, often
We see the ground whereon these woes do lie
But the true ground of all these piteous woes
We cannot without circumstance descry
-Romeo and Juliet?
Think these words were uttered near the end of the play, betwixt and between the death scene and the final resolution, by the Friar who married them)

And now my personal favourite. (Honestly, who can NOT love it??)
Nought's had, all's spent;
Where our desire is got without content.
'Tis safer to be that which we destroy
Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Omgeeeeee!!!! *squeals* memorised it and still remember it even now. Jus' sayin' :)
Liked the little bites of literature? See, it can be fun.

Ah, daybreak draws near. I take my fairest leave, and bid thee well. Good morrow, good morrow.
Adieu. BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

No comments:

Post a Comment