Pages

Sunday, July 21, 2013

What Do You Know About Me

I was talking to my best friend of all eleven years yesterday. We hadn't met for almost two months because of our differing schedules, what with my mid-years and her overseas trip...

We were sitting outside in the dark of night on her balcony, feeling reflective and philosophical like people always do at night (for some reason). So after talking about fate and life, I asked her how many secrets she thought everyone would have.

Amazingly, we came to the consensus almost immediately that we all had 7 secrets.
4 minor ones, like embarrassing moments or guilty indulgences...
3 major ones, secrets that we would never admit to anyone, or perhaps only part of it.

I bet she was wondering what secrets I have kept from her! :)

Speaking from my own experience, I have secrets that I'd rather die than confess them. I have, however, admitted part of them to my closest confidant and most favourite person in the world, but I feel we all need secrets. They allow you to feel alone. And that is not always a bad thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment